And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28, NASB
The Climactic Ending
- The Bridegroom: Boaz (4:1-10)
- The Bride: Ruth (4:11-12)
- The Baby: Obed (4:13-17a)
- The Bigger Story: A King (4:17b-22)
See Matt. 1:5; Luke 3:30-32; Acts 13:22-23; Rom. 1:1-4
- A king greater than David would come to redeem
- A king Greater than David would come to Bethlehem
Micah 5:2; Luke 2:1-7
- A king Greater than David would come for the nations
Take Away: What Do We Learn About God in the book of Ruth?
- God is sovereign – trust Him.
- God is faithful – press on for Him.
- God is merciful – seek Him.
- God answers prayer – pour out your heart before Him.
- God Has a Passion for the Nations – Join Him.
- God has provided the Savior and King – Worship Him